The Democratic version of the GWOT is actually just the WOT, because it is decidely not "global;" I'll call it the DemoWOT. On a nutshell, the DemoWOT understanding is that:To me, this explains a lot. Lots more good stuff....read it all HERE.
* We were attacked on 9/11 by a criminal organization named al-Qaeda;
* Al-Qaeda consists of a handful of people: bin Laden, Zawahiri, Mullah Omar, and just a few other associates;
* Our primary duty is to round up the masterminds of al-Qaeda, arrest them, and put them on trial;
* Because they're international "criminals," they must be tried by an international body: the International Court of Justice (World Court) at the Hague, Belgium's War Crimes Law, or the International Criminal Court (also at the Hague but distinct from the World Court);
* If found guilty, the masterminds of the 9/11 attacks should be imprisoned, perhaps for life, but not given the death penalty -- because that would "make us no better than they are;"
* Once they have been brought to justice,we can all go home, because the war on terrorism will be over.
We can party like it's (still) 1999!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
This explains a lot
Dafydd over at Big Lizards presents a "thought process" that's been running around in certain circles: