Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sunday funnies

As a kid, I fought my brother for first dibs on the "funnies" every Sunday morning.  Since he didn't have much interest in the rest of the paper, I soon realized that if I gave him the comics section, I could have the rest of the paper to myself. (BTW, my parents waited until evening to read the paper).  And I wouldn't have the pressure to finish the comics quickly and hand them over.

I still relish a good cartoon or comic strip.  Especially political ones.  Michael Ramirez of  Investors Business Daily is, in my opinion, the best one out there.  I didn't think anyone could take the spot in my heart that Jeff MacNelly had, but Ramirez has done so.   For example:

The blog Flopping Aces has a regular Sunday feature where they compile great funnies from the prior week into one huge post.  Give it a look.

Sometimes, a great strip can be found in unusual places.  Greg Mankiw writes a great blog on economics; he had this Frank & Ernest strip posted up.



No comments: