Sunday, April 01, 2012

Steyn on Flexibility

From an interview on Hugh Hewitt's radio show, the wonderful Mark Steyn observes:

Well, I think if you wanted just a single reason to vote this guy out in November, this is pretty much it. It’s part of a pattern. He regretted, a couple of years ago, that he didn’t have the freedom of maneuver that the politburo does in China. And we know that in China, it’s a dictatorship. In Russia, Vladimir Putin rigs the elections. Here, there’s 300 million people who have got all kinds of whimsical ideas about this and that, and they’re getting in his way. And for him to actually be sitting there next to the president of a hostile power, and say oh, believe me, I so envy you, you wouldn’t believe the trouble I have with this crazy democracy business back home, I can’t wait until that’s all behind me, and then I can just do what I want, that alone ought to be a disqualifier for office. 

Yep, that democracy thing can be bothersome.  Being king would be so much easier.  Or Caesar. Or his BFF, Vladimir.

Hat tip to Pundit & Pundette for the pointer.

No comments: