Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fred vs Moore -- The Smackdown

Michael Moore has challenged Fred Thompson to a debate on Cuba and the Cuban healthcare system. Well, Fred put out a video response - 38 seconds of cool, refined smackdown.

See the response HERE.

More and more, I'm thinking that Fred may be that clear-talking, non-triangulating candidate to inspire America. It is 18 months til the presidential election, and a lot can happen in that time. Thompson is in a position to make this an election on just what America is about.

Right now, I want these "debates" to winnow out the obvious chaff in the candidate ranks. I'm not going to make any kind of final endorsement, nor will I be a one-issue voter (aside from national security, which should be a given for all candidates). But I want someone who will be an inspiring candidate, not the safest one.

No comments: