Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One down

The OC had a bit of a medical hiatus, but all is on the road to recovery.  News about the Sixteeners:
Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, the Republican Party’s vice presidential nominee in 2012, told NBC News in an interview Monday that he will not seek the presidency in 2016.

“I have decided that I am not going to run for president in 2016,” Ryan said in a phone interview, noting that he is “at peace” with the decision he made “weeks ago” to forgo a bid for the White House.
Though Ryan isn't my top choice for the presidency (his immigration statements are almost enough to disqualify him), he would have brought the fiscal arguments to the fore.  Unfortunately, a number of candidates further down my list still want the job.

Will Republicans get this one right. My own odds are less than 50-50.


No comments: